Wednesday, March 27, 2013

BLAME GAME

“I have learned that sometimes "sorry" is not enough. Sometimes you actually have to change.”

Disclaimer- I am human, I am not perfect, I am in NO position to pass judgment, BUT what I do is address common everyday issues and shed light on these situations with a mixture of facts and opinions with which you may possibly make a better informed decision as to how you handle things.

Moving on to this week’s topic, I want to address Pride. The 7 deadly sins are defined as wrath, greed, sloth, lust, envy, gluttony, & PRIDE. There are many things that can lead to the fall of a man or woman and pride is one of them. Pride has become a blowtorch setting fire to many of the bridges that once stood strong. This sneaky little Devil called Pride is single handedly destroying relationships between friends, family, and lovers all alike. He or She, Pride that is, makes it so that people are too prideful to admit when they’re wrong and others are too prideful to address a person and tell them when they’re wrong. In reality sometimes people will do things and not realize they've faulted you but because of the way you think, you figure they should know. News flash, common sense isn't all that common, and people are brought up on different values that may make them see what you may see as wrong, as right. Pride gets better, Pride will make you think you’re being the bigger person in an issue, and because you’re so great, you address the issue in a manner that will offend and ultimately hurt another person’s pride. Now this person’s Pride will cloud all judgment and now DEFINITELY DENY ANY WRONGS THEY MAY HAVE COMMITTED. See how that works? A lot of us have just become puppets to Pride, now Pride has us fighting, cutting each other off, and (my favorite) Pride has you adjusting the story of your situation to someone else to put them in your favor… all to boost YOUR PRIDE. WOW! We all fall victim to Pride’s foolish games all for foolish gain. Correct me if I’m wrong, I think it’s called being self-important. It keeps getting worse because Pride will sometimes torment you by having you realize you've done wrong but not let you admit it. So you end up with this battle within yourself. Oh, we’re not done. Because of Pride, when someone does you wrong, you in turn do them wrong, and now Pride got both of ya’ll stuck, no one willing to give a little. Funny, you probably didn't even realize it was Pride. I think ya’ll get the point though. So look at it like this, bridges have been burnt but they can always be rebuilt IF you want to. “The things two people do to each other they remember. If they stay together, it's not because they forget; it's because they forgive.” I've personally been there and feel I've grown from my Prideful ways for the most part and that’s why I can recognize it when I see it. I revert to my old ways here and there, like I said I’m human, but I always catch it try to rectify whatever differences it may have caused. I am in no shape or form a preacher or anything of the sort nor am I a public speaker… I am the author of this blog though so until next time, keep it real.

“An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.”

SPOTLIGHT


!TOMORROW!

There is no real spotlight for this week but what ya'll can do is look out for next weeks post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment