Thursday, March 7, 2013

Don't Take It Personal



Time is of the essence but patience is a virtue
Overall this post is just going to be a tip. This will be a tip with an explanation. Some people are aware of this tip some people aren't, some people understand this and some people don’t. Anger is a strong emotion. In general, emotions tend to overpower reason. I believe this is only true if you are not aware of how certain emotions affect your thought process and your actions. When I’m mad, I don’t think straight. My state of mind leads me to believe whatever got me to the point where I’m angry and not thinking straight must be eliminated. If I acted on my emotions I’d probably be dead or in jail. With maturity, I've realized that my first instinct in most situations isn't the greatest idea so I often try to distance myself and take time to get back to the point where I can think logically and with reason. Some people don’t respect that. What it comes down to is, we have two options. 1. You can keep pressing me about it and risk me (since I’m not thinking clearly) possibly saying something I don’t mean or 2. Give me time to get my thoughts together then when I’m ready we’ll handle the issue. It’s really quite simple and I usually aim for option 2, you can push for option 1 if you want and suffer the consequences. 





On the flip side we have another situation when someone is going through something that has nothing to do with anyone else in particular and just doesn't want to talk about it. Sometimes people will come to you to vent or for help with their problems, other times they wait until someone asks what’s wrong before they start to vent. You don’t have to like it, but you have no choice but to accept if someone doesn't want to discuss their personal life with you. You have some right to feel a way if the person has something against you and won’t address it, but if it has nothing to do with you mind your own. I always say there’s a thin line between genuine concern and just plain nosy. A lot of people flirt heavily with that line. If someone gossips with you, chances are they will gossip about you. I completely respect if someone just doesn't want to share their thought , whatever the reason may be. Whether they feel I may talk about them or maybe they just don’t see me fit to help them reach a resolution. Sometimes they know better than me and I’d rather  not be involved if either is the case. 



There are a lot of people out there who I don’t care to get advice from depending what it is i’m going through. It’s hard to confide in someone that has similar problems that they can’t solve. If you’re broke, how you going to help me make money? if you've never  played basketball, how are you suppose to teach me how to ball? If you've never played football how are you suppose to teach me how to throw one? If you drowning, I’m not going to come to you to teach me how to swim. In closing, I just want to help whoever is reading manage their expectations when it comes to conflict resolution. You may mean well, but no mean no, try not to take it personal.




SPOTLIGHT


This week I want to put the spot light on my dear sister Martine. She is the CEO of Justice Sweets. She's a phenomenal baker, and i'm not saying that just because we're related. She has a slew of specialty cupcakes, and other pastries that can be personalized to the T. I've seen her mix stuff that I thought couldn't even work in such harmony before they hit my taste buds. She has an event coming up, Cupcakes & Cocktails 2 is what I call it. The first event was turnt up and this one should be just as sweet if not even better. All the info is on the flier above. Link up! Have a drink and taste test some of these cupcakes. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed. You can Follow the cupcake ladies on instagram and twitter @JusticeSweets and you can place orders at JusticeSweets.com

No comments:

Post a Comment