Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Ultimate Mimic


 The Ultimate Mimic

I remember when I was younger I had so many toys. Some were bought, some were gifts and the others… the others were stolen. I was low key a kleptomaniac. I’d go through so many lengths to steal these toys. I’d hop fences into neighbors yards, I’d stick them in my socks, I’d borrow and “lose”, I’d even wait until guest fell asleep and pack what I wanted into my book bag or jacket. I was a sly thief, never blatant with a snatch and run. The most notable way I would steal toys is hiding it, and actively helping the victim search for the toy but never leading them to the actual hiding spot of the toy or game. I gave these victims an illusion that I wanted to help. Although I could help, I never really helped. I had this lumberjack sweater that had a thick lining and a hole in the pocket. This sweater used to always help me complete the task of thieving and helping the victim look for their toy. This hole in the pocket was effectively used to push toys into the lining of the jacket and would help when someone asked for me to turn my pockets inside out. I was always ready to “help” someone, but in reality I was just helping myself to their belongings. Was this right? It absolutely was… NOT… but “boys will be boys” right?

It’s crazy though, these days many people do exactly what I was doing as an adolescent. They trick others into thinking that they are putting their all into helping them, but in reality they’re just prolonging your quest to success. To an unknowing victim trust is put into someone only to be deceived but I think it hurts more when you actually realize you were being played for a fool. That “Friend” that says they’re actively talking to department heads at their job trying to help you get put on; That “Friend” that puts that battery in your back in the form of “great advice” then after following it you find yourself in a more messed up situation then you were before. It kind of reminds you of those commercials for medication that cures one thing but in return the side effects leave you worse off than you were to being with. Things that make you say HMMM. I’m not saying no one is genuine but just be careful and keep your eyes open. Some people want you to succeed but others want to see you fail and that is normally fueled by greed. Nothing worse than having an enemy you don’t even know you have. I think these days they’re called “Frienemies” or “Frenemy’s”, however the term is spelled. Furthermore, another thing that has to be realized is that it’s not everybody you want to take along with you to the top can last the test and trials of the ride. Some are only down when the getting is good, and others will simply hold you back because of their lack of ambition and motivation. I don’t think there’s a human alive that can physically push and move a mountain, this is the equivalent of trying to drag along that dead weight. Then you have those that can only offer but so much assistance on the journey and it’s like you pushing them along with you in a stroller. But strollers can only go but so far. Finally there are those that stand on their own two feet and where you lack they pick up and vice versa. Almost like playing a two player game. Remember Mario and Luigi? When playing 2 player, you couldn't progress in the screen if the other player didn't catch up? Life lessons from Nintendo!  Those are the kind of people you want on your team, those that can keep up. Until next time… keep it real!

Spotlight






Well, I mean honestly this week I didn't know who to do a spotlight on and I figured hey, why not use me. I have an appreciation for all types of arts. Literary, Visual, Music, Dance, basically all of the above. I feel like art gives you a snapshot of what’s going on in someone’s brain whether its brought forth by emotion, or some other stimulus, art is generally a form of expression derived from somewhere within. It is left up to the receivers interpretation but usually only the artist knows what message they were trying to convey whether that message gets across or not. I write, both rhymes and spoken word, which can be used interchangeably if delivered right. I draw, I paint, I love music, and these days digital photography and graphic design take up a lot of my free time- by choice. I’d like to explain this vision I have for sort of a multimedia empire. I have friends with similar skills and different skills too. Together we form the Classic Group. Once full established we will bring to you everything Classic. Classic photography, Classic readings through blogging, Classic Videography, Classic Designs, Classic DJ Mixes, Classic Events, Classic Clothing, Classic Moments, and alot more but EVERYTHING is #CLASSIC. Presently everything is under the works, I guess you can say everyone is getting their contributions together before lift off. For now, you can book me and one of my partners for any of your events and we can take care of everything from your fliers, program cards, invitations, DJ, photography, Headshots, video, music artist album art, logo creation, T-Shirt Design, you name it we got it. #ClassicGroup Coming soon.

Support the team, here are a few of our branches:

Livedancepartyent.com

Kadeesh.com

JasonJaboin.com

DontBelieveThePropaganda.com

TheClassicGroup.com (Coming soon)

DJCharlesInCharge.com

MrFlix.Blogspot.Com

(A lot more coming soon but all #Classic Stay Tuned)


No comments:

Post a Comment